Electrical and electronic systems | Diagnosis
Diagnosis interface VAS 6154/A
1 New unused item factory workshop equipment for VW brand vehicles.
The diagnosis interface VAS 6154A with wireless networking technology supersedes diagnosis interface VAS 6154. It can be used with ODIS Service (Offboard Diagnostic Information System – Service), version 5.0.0 or higher, and with ODIS Engineering (Offboard Diagnostic Information System – Engineering), version 9.0 or higher.
It enables wireless data transmission from the interface in the vehicle to the diagnosis unit. On modern vehicles, diagnostic functions can only be carried out at full CAN-FD speed with this diagnostic interface.
If a wireless connection is not possible/permissible, the USB module is used, which guarantees a reliable wired data transmission to the diagnosis unit.
In infrastructure mode, several network-capable devices can be connected together (network subscribers).
For a wireless network, a wireless access point is required. This access point forms the connection to wireless-enabled subscribers.
With point-to-point connection via a wireless network, VAS 6154A creates a radio network. VAS 6154A thereby adopts the role of a radio access point (Access Point). A direct connection is made between the diagnosis unit and the diagnosis interface VAS 6154A.
VAS 6154A is configured using a web-based user interface.
Design and Features:
With wireless network module and USB module
Permission to use the radio network has been granted for the following countries:
A, AUS, B, BIH, BR, CDN, CH, CY, CZ, D, DK, DZ, E, EST, F, FIN, GB, GR, H, HK, I, IL, IND, IRL, IS, J, L, LT, LV, M, MA, MEX, N, NL, NZ, P, PL, RA, RC, ROK, RUS, S, SGP, SK, TR, TN, UA, UAE, USA, ZA
- Dimensions: approx. 136x48x25mm
- Weight: approx. 150g
- Power supply: 8-18V via vehicle connector
- Output: approx. 5W
- Temperature range: storage -20°C to +85°C, operation -20°C to +40°C
- PC interface (wired): USB 2.0 high speed, 480 Mbps or fast Ethernet, 100 Mbps (via LAN module)
- PC interfaces (wireless): wireless standard 802.11 ab/b/g/n 2T2R 300 Mbps client mode (WPA2 EAP-TLS, WPA2 PSK)
- AP mode (WPA2 PSK)
- Diagnosis interface VAS 6154A (complete unit):
- Interface module VAS 6154A/1
- Base station VAS 6154/2
- USB Y-cable VAS 6154/3
- USB module VAS 6154/4A
- Wireless network module VAS 6154/5
- Module ID labels VAS 6154/6
- Storage case
- Printed quick reference guide (4 languages: German, English, French, Spanish)
- USB flash drive with PDF quick reference guide (4 languages) and PDF instruction manual (all 39 languages)
- Base station VAS 6154/2; ASE 405 433 00 000
- USB Y-cable VAS 6154/3; ASE 405 434 00 000
- USB module VAS 6154/4A; ASE 405 435 01 000
- Wireless network module VAS 6154/5; ASE 405 440 00 000
- Module ID labels VAS 6154/6; ASE 405 437 00 000
I+ME ACTIA GmbH